Refreshingly Honest.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Maria-sama ga Miteru Licensed!


Finally, our favourite anime catholic schoolgirls are now hitting US shores on DVD! Licensed by Right Stuf, The new title will be 'Maria Watches Over Us' and according to the official website, it will be subtitled only and spread onto 3 boxsets for each of the seasons. Release date is a tentative 29th of July.

Yumi Sachiko

Now I'm sure many of the rabid Marimite fangirls and boys will be squealing in delight of this news and while I'm happy to see it finally going to US of A, I'm a little dissapointed. I've already seen every episode fansubbed and with the lack of english spoken dialogue (for entertainment), I don't really have a reason to buy this!

For those who haven't picked up on the Marimite wagon yet however, this is a bargain! Basically to those who have no clue what I'm talking about - It's a shoujo (girls)drama anime, that revolves around the daily lives of a number of catholic school girls in the Yamiyurikai school council. Lots of drama ensues such as whether to eat a hamburger with a fork or the local all boy's school attending for sports day, for example (no really!). You can bet there is a great amount of underlying Yuri (girl x girl) themes and unnecessary angst. If this appeals to you, then I highly recommend Maria-sama ga Miteru as one of the best titles in this genre.

I think I'm going to have to get used to typing Maria Watches Over Us now! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home